As the holiday season approaches many of us have come to realize that we just have too much stuff; closets and garages are bursting with outdated clothes, toys, gadgets and more and not enough experiences. Perhaps you are thinking, “What do I buy when it seems we already have too much?”
With this in mind, and the pandemic behind us, some are taking a fresh look at gift giving and considering the idea of giving experiences rather than traditional store-bought gifts this year. Whether fulfilling a wish, encouraging a passion, or enjoying an indulgent night out on the town, giving an experience may please and surprise the person in your life who “has everything.” And what could be better than creating lasting memories with your loved ones?
We are fortunate to live in Central Florida where fun and unique experiences abound; from world-famous attractions, renowned restaurants and cultural destinations, there is something for everyone in the family. Even better is the fact that MetroWest is located in the midst of all the action, with plenty of delightful experiences right in our own backyards.
For a different take on holiday gift giving, consider some of the following activities and experiences in and around MetroWest:
- A round of golf (or golf lessons) at The MetroWest Golf Club — Located in the heart of MetroWest on Lake Hiawassee.
- Club Membership at Planet Fitness – Get in shape in 2023 with a gym membership at Planet Fitness which boasts a workout environment where everyone feels accepted and respected.
- Izziban Sushi and BBQ – For a truly unique dining experience, enjoy all you can eat Korean BBQ and sushi in a trendy, upscale environment.
- A day disc golfing or fishing at Bill Frederick Park – Bill Frederick Park covers 183 acres of land alongside Turkey Lake, one of the top-five rated fishing lakes in the state of Florida.
- A gift card to a Classpop sushi making class – If someone in your life loves sushi, they may want to try the art of sushi-making; this cooking class with Chef Kimesha is the perfect place to start.
- Shopping at Scan Design – Purchase a unique piece art or stylish Scandinavian furniture that will last a lifetime.
- Visit DEFY – this thrill-seeker’s attraction features a massive, 30,000-square-foot indoor playground with over 35 trampolines, circus equipment and obstacle courses safely ensconced by an all-foam platform.
- Pay for a Continuing Education class at Valencia College – perhaps the person in your life would like to update their skills, prepare for a new position/career, or learn a new language. Valencia offers a wide range of in-person and online classes.
- Buy bikes for the entire family from Full Circle Cycle – Full Circle is locally owned and Orlando’s is the most trusted bike shop since 1993. Full Circle offers quality products for all levels of cycling and advice about Orlando’s best bike trails.
- Enjoy a couples massage at Essential Spa of MetroWest – Essentials offers outstanding personal spa services executed by a staff of skilled estheticians and massage therapists.
- Give back by volunteering at Second Harvest Food Bank – Second Harvest Food Bank is a nonprofit that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 500 feeding partners throughout Central Florida.
- Putting Edge Mini-Golf – Enjoy 18 holes of glow-in-the-dark fun on this unique “black light” mini-golf course where you will be immersed in a kaleidoscope of dazzling colors and sounds.
- Making Big Bass Memories – Targeting largemouth bass, Makin Big Bass Memories is a fishing charter company guided by experienced angler, Capt. Justin Makin. Join him as he takes you to the right spots to reel in your first (or, perhaps, your biggest) bass.
Maybe it’s time to literally “think outside the box” when it comes to gift giving this holiday season. Experts agree that with the passing of time people tend to get less satisfied with material purchases and happier with experiences that create lasting memories.